General Electric Senior EHS Manager, Northeast Zone in Augusta, Maine
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Senior EHS Zone Manager is responsible for driving EHS operational excellence, executing key initiatives, identify simplification/productivity opportunities, growing EHS engagement, implementing EHS best practices and growing EHS competency across the Service and Sales operations in the Zone. The strongly preferred location for this role is within the Northeast Zone. This role reports directly to the USCAN EHS Director.
• Work across zone to lead EHS programs, including compliance with pertinent regulatory requirements and applicable GE requirements
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with Zone Leadership and peers to achieve specified objectives
• Leads, coaches, and mentors EHS professionals in the region, working to develop a desired competency level
• Engage and influence leadership support for EH&S and coach individuals to enable them to successfully discharge their leadership responsibilities for EHS and maintain specified goals
• Sustain a world class EHS program and safety culture
• Ensure all necessary policies, procedures and practices are in place to assure compliance with regulatory and GE requirements
• Able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and other responsibilities, adjust to changing priorities and to make decisions with speed and accuracy based on available information
• Manage key performance Indicators (KPI) for the zone and drive necessary efforts to achieve them
• Assure good standing and action plans with GE’s Environmental Health & Safety Frameworks
• Lead incident investigations and drive closure of effective corrective/preventive actions
• Analyze trends and performance, provide routine feedback, and drive actions to improve performance
• Assure 100% completion of training, audits and other compliance aspects throughout the organization
• Provide technical and compliance support to Field management and customers; assist in responding to significant incidents and government requests/notices
• Interface with environmental, health and safety regulatory agencies as needed
• Utilize Gensuite tools where applicable
• Assure compliance with local laws, permits and regulations (OSHA, EPA, DOT, HMT, ANSI and IATA)
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
• Identify opportunities to partner with Quality to support QMS initiatives.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, or closely related degree
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in successful EHS program implementation
• At least 3-5 years of leading in Distributed Workforce environment
• Strong knowledge of US EHS related regulatory requirements
• Fastworks, Lean six-sigma or equivalent acumen
• Solid understanding of healthcare industry and safety standards
• Excellent leadership, program and project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
• High say/do ratio
• Self-starter with high energy
• Advanced computer skills with specific expertise in Gensuite
• 3-5 years’ experience with GE EHS management systems
• 3-5 years project management experience
• Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and codes/standards
Locations: United States; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming; Preferred location is the North East Zone
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.