Corning Incorporated Process Engineer in Kennebunk, Maine
Date: Apr 6, 2018
Location: Kennebunk, ME, US, 04043
Req #: 29861
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise inspecialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Purpose of position:
Provide technical engineering support to the molding and assembly areas. Role will focus on project management, process development, process control and discipline implementation, and troubleshooting of production processes.
• Process development on new products as they move into production: successful completion of validation process.
• Process troubleshooting on existing products.
• Provide production departments with technical support to make continuous and step change improvements.
• Use statistical methods for product and process analysis.
• Continuous improvements relative to HPWS pyramid sections for Process Discipline and Control.
• Develop and implement cost reduction programs.
• Project leader for process improvement initiatives.
• Establish project goals and objectives
• Project spending
• Technical strategy implementation
• Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics or Extrusion Engineering. Prefer degree focus in Medical Molding.
• 0-5 years of relative engineering experience. Will consider co-op and internship experience.
• Strong computer skills; proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Prefer proficiency in Solidworks and Minitab.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Maine