Goodwill - NNE Direct Support Professional I Full Time- DSP in South Portland, Maine
We’re looking for caring people to help the people who live in our homes and participate in our programs. Direct Support Professionals will care for people with disabilities. That could include helping cook meals and other household upkeep, helping participants with personal hygiene and interpersonal skills and transporting them to community events.
Direct Support Professionals do not need any special training before they’re hired, but Goodwill will provide certification trainings upon their hire. There are several levels of this position, which means there is room for growth within Goodwill.
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- 30% employee discounts at Goodwill stores in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont
- Valuable job training with growth potential.
- Access to internal job lists for advancement opportunities.
- 403b retirement plan
- Flexible scheduling
- Discounts on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
The schedule for this position is:
Sunday 1:00PM to 9:00 PM
Monday 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Thursday 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Sautrday 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- Supports service recipients associated with Goodwill’s Residential and Community Support programs.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- In accordance with the service plan, serves as a model and provides hands-on support and direct teaching in areas including, but not limited to, interpersonal skills, financial management skills, personal care and hygiene, activities of daily living, and access to community services and leisure opportunities
- Communicates effectively and courteously when dealing with service recipients, parents, guardians and other interested parties
- Moderates verbal or emotional incidents through intervention techniques that preserve the dignity and safety of the service recipients
- Documents observations concerning group and individual interactions, progress and participation of the service recipient in the approved plan
- Completes all required documentation in accordance with program standards
- Accompanies and transports the individual to appointments, community outings and services
To be considered to this position, please apply online by clicking the "Apply Online" link below.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle in the State where employed; safe driving record
- Reliable transportation and automobile insurance that meets minimum state requirements
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to complete required certifications on time.
- ASL experience or the ability and willingness to learn ASL within a year required if assigned to Deaf Services or Deaf residential setting.
Requisition Number: 18-0236
Title: Direct Support Professional I Full Time- DSP
City: South Portland
Post Date: 4/12/2018
Employment Type: Regular Full Time